Office Administrative Assistant
The Office Administrative Assistant oversees the day-to-day operations of the church office and provides administrative support to the staff and ministries of the Free Church of Cañon City.
This is a scheduled part-time position requiring 30 hours per week. Office hours are 9 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Thursday.
Compensation range will be $14-$16 per hour depending on experience and skill level. This position reports directly to the Church Administrator.
- Serve as administrative support for church ministry staff and other ministry leaders.
- Provide efficient office management and improvements in day-to-day operations.
- This position requires a person with a servant’s heart who enjoys working with people. This person must exercise discretion, avoid gossip, and carefully handle confidences and sensitive information. They must have good organizational skills and possess aptitude for computer software programs. They must be able to handle multiple tasks, work with frequent interruptions, and see a task through to completion.
Job tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following list. Other duties may be assigned depending on the applicant’s skills and abilities and what might be required by a new Lead Pastor.
- Greet and assist those who come to the front office window
- Answer telephone, route messages, and respond to voicemail messages
- Screen church email and respond or notify appropriate ministry staff
- Provide special project administrative support to ministry staff (phone calls, preparing mailings, etc.)
- Coordinate the repair/maintenance of office equipment and facilitate training of others
- Keep office neat and organized
- Look for ways to improve operations by identifying areas of improvement
- Prepare rosters for communities (for as long as applicable)
- Update attendance records for weekly and monthly reports
- Maintain document files and systems (digital and hard copy), including ministry volunteer applications and membership records
- Maintain and update ChMS (church management system) database
- Keep accurate records of ministry teams and leaders along with years/terms of service
- Keep accurate records of groups and classes
- Manage office supply budget
- Maintain office supplies including bulletin paper, envelopes, postage, etc.
- Maintain vendor accounts & subscriptions (Amazon Prime, Quill, etc.)
- Order supplies for custodial staff, library, deaconess, & other ministries as requested
Calendar Oversight & Building Usage Liaison
- Maintain church calendar by working with ministry staff & outside organizations/individuals
- Process building usage requests for approval through appropriate channels
- Maintain building usage forms for tax exempt reporting
- Maintain master key check out list & alarm codes
- Maintain access to building through alarm code set up and removal
Congregational Care Coordination
- Maintain and communicate pastoral on-call schedule to ministry staff and elders
- Prepare response card (bulletin) report for ministry staff, elders, & prayer groups
- Notify pastoral staff or Hopekeepers ministry of critical contact issues that require response (from phone calls, emails, response cards)
- Order flowers/send cards
- Serve as liaison between pastoral staff, deaconesses, family and funeral home for funeral needs
- Provide appropriate information to Communications Director for website, social media, and publications
- Assist in bulletin preparation
RELATIONSHIPS – Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and Christian character in all relationships
- Demonstrate positive and appropriate relationships with supervisor, staff members, and volunteers
- Demonstrate an ability to resolve conflict in a timely manner with courage and consideration
High school graduate with preferred five (5) years or more of experience in clerical work or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
SUPERVISION, EVALUATION & COMPENSATION
- The Office Administrative Assistant is directly accountable to the Church Administrator
- A performance evaluation will be conducted annually by the Church Administrator
- Compensation will be reviewed annually
- Part-time employees are not eligible for benefits
Other jobs at the Free Church
There are currently no other job postings. Check back soon!